The Nathan Project
Luke Chapter 2
7:00 – 7:15 – Worship
7: 15 – 7:25 – Ice breaker
- Have everyone Introduce themselves
- Name , Grade, school
- Who is your favorite cartoon character? Why?
- Why did you decide to come to the Nathan Project?
7:25 – 7:30 – Lesson Introduction
Tonight we’re going to look at Luke Chapter 2 which tells about the birth of Jesus, before we read together, what are some of the things that you know about the story of Jesus birth
Examples might be….
He was born in a manger, No room in the inn, 3 wise men, Rode a donkey, Etc..
Ask entire group – How many here feel like they know the Christmas story pretty well? Did you come up with lots of facts from the story? Let’s watch this clip and see how close we really are.
7:30 – 7:35 – Show Retooning the Nativity clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-4y5mK_o9E
7:35 – 7:40 – Read Luke Chapter 2 together in small groups
Small Group Questions
- Imagine that a very powerful “Think Tank” has come up with some incredible discovery that will change the world forever. You get to choose the 3 most important people in the world that will be the first to hear about the discovery write down the names of who you would choose and why.
- As you think about this great discovery that will change the course of history, write down how and where it should be revealed to the rest of the world. Remember this is the greatest discovery of all time! The more spectacular way of revealing it the better!
- Go around circle and allow time for students to share their answers
- Have students name what they think were some of the greatest, world changing discoveries, inventions or events of all time
- Ask “Where would the birth of Jesus fit in to all of this? Why? (if the students do not bring it up, suggest that they think about how the entire world has been revolutionized by Jesus life and ministry)
- If the birth of Jesus indeed was, one of the greatest world changing events that has ever taken place, why do you think He showed up the way he did (born in a dirty stable) and why did the first announcement of His birth come to who it did (lowly shepherds)? As you discuss this bring it to the point that God wanted to show that God didn’t come only for perfect people, but He came for everyone!
- What do you think that means for you and me today?
- Close in prayer