Break out into small groups – ice breaker
- Introduce yourself and share what is the most adventurous thing you have ever done or like to do?
Lesson Introduction – Last week we looked at Luke Chapter 7, does anyone remember anything we talked about last week?
Read together Luke 8:1-15
- What are the four types of soil that Christ talks about in this parable?
- What do the four different types of soil mean?
- Can you identify with one of the types of soil? In what way?
- What soil do you think God desires for us to be?
- What are some ways to become that “soil” that God desires?
Read Luke 8:16-25
- Do you ever hide your light as Christ talks about in verse 16? (Act one way at church but different at school)
- How did you find the reaction of the disciples in verses 22-25?
- Do we ever act like the disciples did in this story?
Read Luke 8:26-39
- In the previous section we saw Jesus’ power over nature, how do we see Christ’s power revealed in this section?
Read Luke 8:40-56
- What healed the woman who had constant bleeding? (vs 48)
- What did Jesus tell Jairus that he needed so his daughter would be healed? (vs 50)
- What does faith mean?
- Were the demon possessed man, Jairus, and the woman with constant bleeding extraordinary people? Can we have that same kind of faith?