The Nathan Project
Luke Chapter 6
Break out into small groups – ice breaker
Introduce yourself and tell who is one person that has had an influence in your life and why? Last week we looked at Luke Chapter, does anyone remember anything we talked about last week?
Read together Luke 6:1-11
Lesson Introduction –
What is the Sabbath day?
Exodus 16:29 – Day of rest
Exodus 20:8-10 – Day that is Holy (Holy means clean, special, separate)
How do you think a person can keep the Sabbath Holy?
In Luke chapter 6, what do you think Jesus was demonstrating about the Sabbath?
Read Matthew 22:36-40
How can these verses help us decide what we should or should not do on the Sabbath?
Read Luke 6:12-26
- What did Jesus do before choosing His 12 disciples?
- What three groups of people are mentioned in verse 17?
- What do you think the difference would be between disciples, followers and the crowd?
Read Luke 6:27-49
- Do you think it’s possible to live the kind of life that Jesus teaches in verses 27-49?
- Can you think of an example of when you or someone you know has lived that kind of life?
- What do you think Jesus was trying to communicate in verses 43-45?
- In verses 46-49 what kind of a person is the man who builds his house on a rock?
- So what then does God expect from us?
So what then does God expect from us?